Thursday, September 22, 2011

Change isn't Hard, Reason Is


“I can change.”
No. No, you cannot. At least, you cannot change the parts that necessitated this argument. This whole situation is because of the pieces of you that are so much a part of you that to change them would be to change who you are. And that is not right.
With these words, you immediately thrust the responsibility onto me. Telling me that you can change, that you will do so just to make me happy, is manipulative and cruel. What kind of person would I be if I allowed you to change the fabric of your being just to please myself?
It ultimately comes down to the fact that we just won’t work. However, now all the blame is on me, because I was unwilling to change. Because I was unwilling to give it another try. Because I believe that me being myself and you being yourself is more important than me being with you and you with me.
You shouldn’t change for me, because I am a constantly changing person. Evolving and adapting, accepting and challenging. To change for me would not only be blasphemous, it would be an eternal battle, one that you are sure to lose.
Do not be so quick to determine that you should change for me. And do not expect me to condone such a violence to your person, or to accept the responsibility of stripping you of yourself. Because you shouldn’t change for me, or anyone else.
You should change for you.
-Lucifer

No comments:

Post a Comment